Effective date: January 31, 2019
Who we are
The Georgia Water Coalition (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.protectgeorgia.org website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data CollectedPersonal DataWhile using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
● Email address
● First name and last name
● Phone number
● Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
● Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. Your internet browser can provide more information and help you manage cookies.
Examples of Cookies we use:
● Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
● Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
● Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
Use of Data
Our Service uses the collected data for various purposes:
● To provide and maintain the Service
● To notify you about changes to our Service
● To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
● To provide activist care and support
● To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
● To monitor the usage of the Service
● To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Our Service may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
● To comply with a legal obligation
● To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
● To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
● To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee their absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use them for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
● Google Analytics
● Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data are shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
● For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page : https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service is not intended for anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Website.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor. If you would like to remove your information from our database and no longer receive future communications or receive our service, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.